|$4.99||Games||2.4.1||Jul 08, 2010||May 31, 2017||41.8 MB||iOS 9.0 or later||4+|
2.4.1: A few fixes.
As always, app updates reset reviews. (sniff sniff.) Refreshing/updating your review would be *greatly* appreciated. Thanks!
• Background matchmaking: You can now play single-player levels while searching for a multiplayer match online.
• In-game video recording and/or broadcasting to Mobcrush or Periscope.
• You can now play multiplayer over 3G/LTE connections.
• Native screen resolution and 64-bit support for all your devices.
Note: 2.4.1 multiplayer is not compatible with earlier versions of Osmos. (Changes had to be made.) To play with your friends, please make sure they've updated as well.
** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“Osmos HD is THE game for the iPad.” — Pocket Lint
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net